Last Revised: 24th May 2018
Your personal data includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Location updates
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
At any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilize our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- create an account or purchase any of our Services (ex: billing information, including name, address, credit card number, government identification);
- use our mobile applications to record activity data;
- request assistance from our customer support team (ex: phone number);
- complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (ex: email); or
- participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
We also collect additional information to enable us to deliver the best experience to you.
Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when products renew or expire, information requests, and customer service requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as social media plugins) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
How we utilize information
We utilize personal information gathered through your use of the Services for a variety of purposes that enable us to deliver the best experience to you. These purposes include:
- Enabling SOLOS to provide activity-related data using personal data such as location updates;
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as newsletters, in accordance with your communication preferences;
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products, marketing messages, offers, and content tailored to you;
- To allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain more information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully;
- To complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service;
- Improve and optimize the performance of our Services including our mobile applications;
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention, security, developing new products, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities. To send administrative information and service notifications to you, for example, information regarding the product and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies; and
Sharing with trusted third parties
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate group, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf.
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications.
Transfer of personal data abroad
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please Contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests
At times, it may become necessary or desirable to Kopin, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. For example, as we believe is required, necessary, or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, security, safety, and physical and intellectual property, and/or the rights of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
We use web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (ex: Google for Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies.
Your legal rights
Some of your personal data is available in the Profile section of our mobile applications and can be edited. Note that when you update your personal information via the mobile applications we maintain a record of prior changes to your data in some circumstances.
If you require a copy of your personal data or wish to update or delete your data, please submit a request (free of charge) by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our Site and Services in accordance with applicable laws and standards, including data encryption where appropriate. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
How long we retain your data
We retain your data for as long as is necessary to enable us to deliver the Services in accordance with our data retention policy.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority in your country although we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you do so. The relevant supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): www.ico.org.uk
Sale or merger
Alternatively, write to us:
SOLOS Data Protection
125 North Drive
Westborough, MA 01581
We aim to respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.